If you have ever been involved in an auto accident, you know first hand how scary and stressful the actual accident and aftermath can be. Who was at fault? Who was injured? How much will it cost to repair the auto? Will the accident affect my driver’s license? Who will help me if I have to miss work? “These are all questions that you never think about until an auto accident involves you,” said Thomas Bumgardner, attorney with Ballantyne Legal. “Persons involved in auto accidents deal with so much, including pain, guilt and even the auto insurance adjustors.”
Up to Date on North Carolina Auto Accident Resources
“The one good thing about the Internet is that there is so much information available about auto accidents, accident reports, accident statistics and access to all state laws,” adds Bumgardner. “With so much information at our fingertips, it is a good idea to just familiarize yourself with what to do when you become involved in an auto accident.”
- Recent Auto Accidents in North Carolina – this website tracks auto accidents across the state in real time.
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety – you can search this website database for auto crashes investigated by the North Carolina Highway Patrol. This is not an official source for real accident reports.
- Request a Crash Report from the North Carolina DMV – this is where you can obtain an official crash report from North Carolina.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Crash Report Request – this website allows you to request a crash report from CMPD beginning 24-48 hours after the accident.
- Navbug Traffic and Accident Monitoring Website for Charlotte – view the latest traffic and accident reports from around Greater Charlotte and across North Carolina
- DMV Website on North Carolina Auto Insurance Requirements – this website shows all of the details and requirements for what type of auto insurance you should have and how much coverage is required.
- What to Do if You are in an Auto Accident – this is a .PDF form from the North Carolina Bar Association with practical advice on what you should do if you are involved in an auto accident.
- North Carolina DMV Auto Accident Guide – this is an interactive website that helps guide you through the steps of being involved in an auto accident in North Carolina.
- How We Can Help You in an Auto Accident – visit this page on our website to see how we can help you if you have been involved in an auto accident in Mecklenburg County.
“There is no doubt that being involved in an auto accident can involve legal action against you,” says Bumgardner. “We help people defend their rights and stick up for what they are entitled to.”
If you have been involved in an auto accident, please contact Thomas Bumgardner with Ballantyne Legal at 704-887-4981 for a complimentary consultation.